Worldwide travel, particularly luxury worldwide travel, is full of opportunities to indulge. You may stay out a little later than you do at home, you might shop for things your non-vacationing self would deem totally impractical, and you almost certainly will treat yourself to some extra tastes of the local flavors as you explore new destinations. These indulgences are part of the beauty of travel – they allow you to escape the parameters of everyday life and push the boundaries of joy just a bit. A Crystal vacation continues the indulgences aboard our luxurious ships, with free flowing wine, beer and cocktails, and a seemingly endless selection of savory and sweet cuisine. The designer shops, casino and entertainment options will call your name in between the delights of the taste buds.
While it’s our great pleasure to enable your pursuit of joy while you travel, and we believe that joy is nourishing to the soul, we’re also happy to help you pursue balance. For every lobster roll you enjoy in Nobu’s Silk Road and The Sushi Bar, there is a yoga class to center you. For every extra hour spent reveling into the early morning, there is a Crystal Spa body treatment to rejuvenate you.
The ways in which travel can nourish your mind, body and spirit are nearly as endless as the number of places there are to discover, but for today, we’re sticking with the classic “top 10,” that is, the top 10 ways you can perfectly balance your indulgences on a Crystal vacation. On an upcoming Mind, Body & Spirit “Experiences of Discovery” theme voyage, record-setting extreme runner Dane Rauschenberg will push his own boundaries by completing a full marathon aboard Crystal Serenity, circling the 360-degree Promenade Deck 96 times. If this is a mile or two past your comfort zone, here are some other options:
- Step out. Whether you count steps or miles, the 360-degree Promenade Deck is a rare find at sea and will allow you to literally walk on water. In fact, our exclusive WOW (Walk On Water) program utilizes weighted Walkvest® equipment for an additional challenge. The route is 0.28 miles per lap, with the added bonus of the sea breeze to cool you down.
- Step up. There are approximately 16 flights of stairs between the Crystal Cove and Crystal Serenity’s Sun Deck, where you’ll find the paddle tennis courts and a second 360-degree turf track for running.
- Get in step (last “step” pun, we promise). Nightly dancing in the Stardust and Starlite lounges and Crystal Cove will help balance the pre-dinner drinks and post-dinner soufflé. Not a dancer? Ambassador hosts can help you change that, with private instruction available in virtually every genre of classical ballroom dance.
- Tee off. You don’t need 18 holes to work on your game. The driving cages and putting greens offer ample space to perfect your swing, while onboard pros offer guidance to perfect your technique.
Serve it up. Paddle tennis courts make the most of the open air, spacious top decks on the ships, and are the perfect answer to your craving for competition.
- Enrich your mind, enrich your body. Seminars are offered almost daily on board, led by guest experts, as well as Crystal’s own professional health and fitness directors. Topics range from slimming and nutrition to detox for weight loss, and back and joint care to the proper alignment for running.
- Find strength in relaxation. Crystal’s spa menu includes therapeutic options for virtually any body type. Pamper overworked muscles, stimulate circulation or treat pain with acupuncture.
- Find strength in…strength. Crystal’s state-of-the-art fitness centers are fully equipped with the LifeFitness Pro Series® of weight training equipment, as well as TechnoGym’s Kinesis™ resistance training machines and complete free weight area.
- Dine on the lighter side. Nearly every menu in Crystal dining venues offers options to accommodate nearly every nutritional need or preference. Low-calorie, sugar-free and gluten-free have never tasted better, while the artfully prepared fresh fish, fruit, and salads are perfectly indulgent.
- Embrace the water. The Seahorse Pool is not just for lounging around while you sip your craft cocktail (although that is one of our favorite pool activities). It’s also ideal for lap swimming and aquatic aerobics.
These 10 options can have you on your way to a beautifully balanced luxury vacation, complete with plenty of indulgences in both joy and wellness. Crystal Serenity’s upcoming Mind, Body & Spirit “Experiences of Discovery” theme cruise features all of these pursuits, as well as specialized enrichment and fitness programming, sailing from New Orleans to Miami on December 6.