As the countdown to 2016 approaches and the bustle of the month’s shopping and holiday preparations commence, the world’s most awarded cruise line has compiled a different kind of shopping list, encouraging shoppers to give the gift of travel this holiday season. Crystal Cruises’ recommendations focus decidedly on the experiential wishes of luxury travelers, with a selection of the line’s exotic sailings aboard its award-winning ocean vessels, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity, as well as the newest member of its fleet, ultra-luxury yacht Crystal Esprit. Sweetening the sailings are the additional savings available to Crystal guests for bookings made by the December 30 “Book Now” deadline, adding up to thousands of dollars for some voyages.
In addition to the “Book Now” savings offered through the end of the year, many voyages feature additional perks including free berths for kids, incentives for large groups and families sailing together, added shipboard credits for more “gifts” in the spa and onboard boutiques, and special low fares for solo travelers. The line’s featured “12 Days of Crystal” voyages to look forward to in 2016 include:
- “Indochine Reflections” (March 12, 19 days) – Sailing from Singapore to Shanghai aboard Crystal Serenity; calling in some of Southeast Asia’s and China’s most storied and stunning locales, including Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand. The World Cruise segment cruise features Crystal’s popular “Ocean Views” theme, with guest experts debating current hot topics and answering guest questions.
- “Aegean Antiquity” (April 24, 7 days) – Crystal President and CEO Edie Rodriguez hosts her annual President’s Cruise aboard this rare Greece-focused voyage round-trip from Athens.
- “Istanbul to Lisbon, Explorer Combination” (May 1, 21 days) – One of Crystal’s combo options, allowing guests to extend their vacation without repeating ports, this journey aboard Crystal Symphony highlights four Greek islands and offers overnight stays in Italy, Monte Carlo, Spain and Portugal. The voyage offers Experiences of Discovery theme programming, including renowned guest chef Alexis Gauthier for Crystal’s Wine & Food Festival and golf expert Perry Lancianese for special instruction on board.
- “Coastal Vistas” (May 6, 5 days) – An ideal escape for busy schedules, sailing from San Francisco to Vancouver aboard Crystal Serenity; visiting Pacific coastal gems Astoria, OR; Seattle WA; and Victoria, British Columbia. Guests can delve in to the picturesque terrain for which the west coast is known, with ziplining adventures, a trek to Mount St. Helens and the beauty of Butchart Gardens.
Crystal Yacht Cruises Combo (May 15, 14 days) – One of many extended options for guests aboard the posh new vessel, Crystal Esprit, embarking round-trip from Dubrovnik, for an intensive exploration of the charming ports of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast, again, without repeating ports.
- “North Sea Medley” (June 29, 10 days) – This Crystal Symphony itinerary from Berlin to Amsterdam offers visits to Norway, Scotland, England and the Netherlands, with an added bonus of an inclusive pre-cruise, 3-day land program exploring the most fascinating sites of Berlin.
- “Grandeur of Alaska” (July 17, 10 days) – One of Crystal Serenity’s highly anticipated Alaskan cruises in 2016, this round-trip Vancouver voyage boasts a wealth of spectacular sights, adventurous opportunities and up-close encounters with nature (think: glaciers, bald eagles, Kodiak bears and fresh crab feasts). World-renowned Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa will also be onboard to share his delicious cuisine and engaging personality.
- “Accent on Spain” (August 18, 9 days) – Sailing from Lisbon to Barcelona aboard Crystal Symphony, this voyage showcases Iberian treasures with calls in Morocco, Portugal, the United Kingdom and of course, Spain, including overnights in Ibiza and Barcelona. From the spice and flavor of Casablanca to the famed beaches of Ibiza and architectural masterpieces of Barcelona, travelers will enjoy a feast for all senses.
- “Autumn in the Maritimes” (October 9, 10 days) – New England and eastern Canada are extraordinary in the fall, and will be on display during this Crystal Serenity voyage from New York to Montréal, calling in some of the most charming ports in Canada and including a one-night post-cruise stay in Montréal. The golf-themed sailing will also host guest experts to help guests improve their game on board and ashore.
- “Colonial Charms & Idyllic Isles” (October 25, 14 days) – Sailing from New York to Ft. Lauderdale, this Crystal Serenity cruise allows travelers to stave off the cool fall weather a bit longer, visiting tropical Caribbean locales and charming cities along North America’s East Coast.
- Crystal Yacht Cruises, Holiday (December 23, 11 days) – Crystal Esprit charts a course round-trip from Dubai, through some of the most historically significant locales, including calls in Oman, Qatar and Abu Dhabi, with a double overnight stay in Dubai for a spectacular New Year’s Eve celebration.
“Christmas & New Year’s Eve Along the Danube” (December 22, 13 days) – The first holiday sailing for Crystal’s first river yacht, Crystal Mozart, will sail along the Danube, visiting the quintessential holiday markets in Germany, Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. Guests will have the opportunity to soak in the charm of these quaint locales with four overnights on the itinerary.
For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel agent, call 888-799-4625, or visit www.crystalcruises.com.