10 Reasons Our Expert Team Thinks So
It turns out that Paradise isn’t just an ethereal destination beyond the clouds, that it also lies approximately 1,100 miles from the Tanzanian coast, a colorful heaven of 115 granite and coral islands. Nearly half of its territory is protected reserve, and nearly all (88 percent) is covered in lush, tropical forest. We’re convinced that the Seychelles are Paradise on earth, thanks to the diligent explorations of our destination experts – those enviable folks whose job is to find the most extraordinary places in the world for you to explore. In our new “Destination Insider” series, we’re sharing the fruits of their hard work in the form of the can’t-miss, best-of, most-incredible highlights of some of Crystal’s global locales.
The photos and insights shared are from the personal libraries of our team, and are certain to inspire your next adventures.
“Each day, each island is uniquely wonderful. The Seychelles are just the perfect destination to explore on a small ship or yacht.” – Claudius Docekal, Vice President, Deployment Operations
Here are the top 10 highlights of your Crystal Esprit voyage through the Seychelles:
1. Hike through the enchanting Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve on Praslin Island, where the distinctive Coco de Mer plants dominate the landscape.
2. Relax on sprawling, vanilla-powdery beaches, with shorelines that ease into glass-clear waters ideal for snorkeling.
3. Look for the Hawksbill sea turtles that nest on the sands of many of the islands here, and the famous giant tortoises that roam freely on Curieuse Island.
4. Play 18 holes at the gorgeous golf course at the Lemuria Resort & Spa.
5. Hike at your preferred pace on Aride Island – whether on flat and leisurely trails or uphill challenges that reward with spectacular Indian Ocean vistas
6. Enjoy the easy pace of completely vehicle-free Cousin Island and Aride Island, where private nature reserves and tropical forests typically offers very limited access to visitors. Look for the vibrant birdlife including the rare Seychelles magpie-robin, the lesser noddy, white tern and white-tailed tropicbird.
7. Hop on a bicycle for independent exploration of La Digue, where you’ll blend in with the local way of life where there are far more bikes and ox carts here than motorized vehicles.
8. Ride to La Digue’s old plantation estate and watch the production of copra coconut products, and stop for lunch and postcard views at Le Domaine de L’Orangeraie Resort & Spa
9. Visit Mahé’s colorful market and small boutiques in the capital town of Victoria, and the area surrounding Crystal Esprit’s location near Eden Marina Resort & Spa
10. Make the journey your own with Crystal Esprit’s private marina, fully-equipped for snorkeling, kayaking, jet skiing, fishing, diving and even deep-sea submersible adventures.
The Seychelles offer a taste of Paradise to suit virtually any individual travel style. Adrenaline-fueled adventurists, serene nature- and wildlife-lovers, and those skilled in the extreme art of doing nothing will all find heaven here… served by personal butlers with a side of champagne.