Want more insider access to Europe’s Michelin-starred restaurants, military pageantry, historic monuments and world-class museums? We deliver this summer with six additional “Boutique Adventures”—extremely limited availability shore-side excursions that delve deeply into the local cultures and destinations in the UK, Spain, Italy, and Sweden. Guests now have 15 “Boutique Adventures,” which are not offered by any other cruise line, to choose from during our 2014 luxury European cruise season.
New “Boutique Adventures” are:
- Hard-hat tour of the 13th-century Santa Maria Cathedral in Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain, led by an architect or technical advisor of the delicate renovation that’s underway. (from Bilbao, Spain)
- “Backstage” access to the Frank Gehry-designed Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, with dining at the museum’s Michelin-starred Nerua restaurant and a visit to the kitchen. (from Santander, Spain)
- Seafood Master Class at the Cliff Townhouse restaurant in Dublin, where guests will learn the traditional Irish preparation of the area’s most popular catches, plus a three-course feast. (from Dublin, Ireland)
- VIP Edinburgh Military Tattoo experience, with a multi-course dinner in Edinburgh Castle’s Gatehouse, pre-and post-show champagne, and “Royal Gallery” seats for the annual Tattoo. (from Greenock, Scotland)
- Exploration of Italian national monument Casa Cuseni in Taormina, Italy, with its extravagant gardens and spectacular views of Mt. Etna, plus lunch in the property’s private villa. (from Sicily, Italy)
- Tour of Stockholm’s must-see sites, including the Vasa Museum, via chauffeured classic car and early 20th-century tram, with traditional Swedish “Fika” (coffee and local delicacies) served en route. (from Stockholm, Sweden)
For more information on our “Boutique Adventures,” please visit our Shore Excursion Finder.