Active travelers: lace up your running shoes and bring your healthy lifestyle along on your next luxury cruise with our new Site Running Crystal Adventures — an industry first! The escorted experiences offer intimate, invigorating, and scenic 5-10k runs that vary from jogs past historical sites to nature runs through magnificent parks. Available around the world on both Crystal Symphony or Crystal Serenity, the group excursion program begins in Europe this month (May), with routes such as:
- Along Dubrovnik’s River Ombla and the old train route to Brgat village – a path usually only traveled by locals – with a cable car ride to UNESCO World Heritage Site Old Town Dubrovnik.
- From Greenock, Scotland, along the inclines, declines, worn and less-taken paths surrounding Loch Lomond, set amongst the rolling green hills of the Highlands.
- Among St. Petersburg’s gilded Baroque architecture, across the Neva River to Vasilievsky Island, past Peter the Great’s lush summer garden, then on to the fabled Church on the Spilled Blood.
- Beside Amsterdam’s tree-lined canals, through pedestrian areas like the Waterlooplein flea market, and past iconic locales like Anne Frank House and museums such as the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh.
- From Monte Carlo, along the French Riviera, around St. Jean Cap-Ferrat peninsula and through the village of Villefranche-sur-Mer to Beaulieu-sur-Mer, with an optional swim in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Around Cork’s quaint Irish town of Cobh, filled with colorful row houses; a hill-top, neo-Gothic cathedral; and magnificent harbor views.
- Through old Bordeaux – a UNESCO World Heritage Site – past landmarks including the medieval Cailhau Gate, Napoleon and Chaban-Delmas Bridge crossings, and the world’s first American consulate.
All outings include comfortable, air-conditioned transportation to/from the course’s beginning and/or end; instructor-led warm-ups and stretching beforehand; guide-narrated sightseeing stops; reflective safety gear; and healthy refreshments such as bottled water, power snacks, and fresh juice en route.
In 2014, we offer 25 cruises of seven to 14 days in the Mediterranean, around Northern and Western Europe, and through the British Isles.
We have long been committed to offering a host of health and fitness options on our award-winning ships and ashore. Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity feature luxuriously equipped, fully staffed fitness centers, as well as specialty classes such as ‘Tour de Cycle’ spin, yoga, and Pilates Reformer® sessions (select voyages). Each onboard dining venue features fresh, healthful options that cater to most dietary restrictions and interests. On land, other active adventures run the gamut from river rafting, kayaking, and rock climbing to volcano hiking, bicycling, and horseback riding.