We know the feeling. You’re perusing our dozens of global itineraries, searching and comparing one to the next, trying to figure out which is going to be your next dream vacation with Crystal. So many magnificent places to explore for the first time, and so many others to return to and uncover the hidden gems you might have missed on your first visit. As you continue, the question “is 12 days really enough?!” repeats as your list of must-see highlights grows.
Slow down. While the destinations visited by our ultra-luxury ships are no doubt spectacular, we would hate for you to miss out on one of the most important parts of any Crystal voyage.
Days spent cruising regional waterways and expansive oceans are among the things that distinguish the Crystal Experience from any other vacation experience, and they should not be overlooked for their contribution to your luxury vacation. While the worldwide destinations unveil their own magic during a sailing, we submit to you a different kind of magic. Here are our top 10 reasons a day spent aboard a Crystal ship is the best kind of day.
1. The “Rhythm” of the Sea – live music abounds throughout the ships while they sail. At virtually any time during the day, you can find a beat that suits your current mood, whether that mood is craving a colorful cocktail by the Seahorse pool or wants to step to Big Band tunes.
2. Fore…Love – Choose your instrument of choice – golf club, tennis racquet or shuffleboard cue – and challenge yourself, or someone else. Pros are on hand if you want to improve your skills, or just feel free to lose track of time and play the day away.
3. Nautical Miles – just because you’re not trekking through the streets or scenery of a city doesn’t mean you must be stationary. Contrarily, the 360-degree promenade decks offer a third of a mile per lap for running goals or leisurely strolls. Likewise, the state-of-the-art equipment in the sleek Fitness Center will chart your progress while expert trainers stand by for support and guidance.
4. Just Be – Of course, should you choose to spend your days at sea in a less intense way, there are numerous delightful spots on board to enjoy the literal meaning of vacation. Lounge by the pool, find a chaise on the Sun Deck, spend some “you” time on your private veranda or sit quietly with a book in the Library.
5. Read Up – About that Library… our shipboard libraries are stocked with more than 2,000 titles in popular fiction, biographies, history and destination tomes that are perfect for an afternoon at sea. Get lost in a romance or mystery, or dive deeper into the history of the next upcoming port. More than 1,000 DVDs are also available.
6. Continuing Education – You might never have expected to learn about digital film-making during a Mediterranean cruise, or delve into the nuances of the 19th Century amber trade in Russia while sailing the Baltic. But, aboard a Crystal voyage, you can satisfy your inquisitive nature during dozens of lectures and classes, all presented by leading experts in their respected fields.
7. Rainy Day=Movie Day – In the event the sun is not shining (or, even if it is), grab some popcorn and settle in to the Hollywood Theatre for a show. Catching a recently released feature or favorite classic film with your favorite person is the perfect way to pass a rainy afternoon.
8. Hit the Showers – Or steam room, or sauna, or one of the several treatment rooms in the Crystal Spa & Salon that will help relax those sore muscles. Whether you’re in for a quick rejuvenating 30-minute massage or an indulgent multi-service spa ritual, your mind and body will thank you.
9. Hit the Tables – On most days at sea, the Resorts World at Sea Casino is open and ready for you to try your luck at Blackjack, Roulette, 3 Card Poker, Ultimate Texas hold ‘em and even Mini-Baccarat. If you prefer the bling and sound effects, slot and video poker machines are also available.
10. Sea Day Souvenirs – The posh boutiques on Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity will help you fulfill your list of trinkets you meant to bring home for loved ones (or just something special for you). Pick up the latest from the DVF-Diane Von Furstenberg, Michael Kors and Calypso St. Barth resort collections in Apropos; that stunning Hublot watch you’ve had your eye on in Facets; and don’t miss that fabulous Burberry handbag and matching sunglasses in the window!
Because, “top 11” or “top 23” lists aren’t really a thing, we’ll stop at 10, but you get the idea. We cannot wait to welcome you on board your floating home away from home and help you make the most of every sea day. Several trans-ocean voyages are offered this year and next, most featuring five or more days at sea, perfect for immersing yourself in the ultimate luxury of a Crystal vacation.
Book by April 29 for additional savings and value.